CyberCityUSA.org is your guide to the news, businesses and opportunities available uniquely in San Antonio, Texas to the cyber security industry.
Education, Business, Military & Workforce
San Antonio, Texas is home of the legendary Alamo and to the nation’s largest military installation, Joint Base San Antonio, with nearly 80,000 Department of Defense personnel assigned. A great home for our nation’s military personnel, San Antonio is also known as “Military City, USA” due to its deep connection with the armed forces and support for those serving today and the thousands of military veterans who have chosen to live in San Antonio.
A city with 60,000 technology workers, some of the nation's leading universities, significant military presence, and a thriving private enterprises, San Antonio is increasingly becoming known as “Cyber City, USA.”
San Antonio, Texas is leading the way to secure military, commercial and public technology assets and infrastructure in the new century. From major research projects to advanced training and one of the largest populations of trained, experienced professionals in the industry, San Antonio is becoming increasingly important to our cyber security.
San Antonio’s growth as a national center of excellence for cyber security is focused on four key areas:
- Community: Creating a cyber-aware public that practices cyber security and supports the growth of San Antonio’s cyber capabilities
- San Antonio business, academic, and government leaders worked together, to attract the Air Force "Cyber Command" (24th Air Force) to San Antonio and ensure their success.
- They created the Cyber Innovation and Research Consortium, bringing together area colleges and universities to support cyber education, training, research and development.
- UTSA/CIAS provided affordable "bootcamp" training and scholarships, to increase the numbers of individuals with cyber/cyber security professional certifications, doubling the number in less than three years.
- Business: Establishing an environment conducive to the growth of cyber businesses and the development of advanced cyber capabilities
Learn more about San Antonio’s role in cyber security by checking out the links on this, our “Cyber City, USA” website!
Recommended Resources→ Stop. Think. Connect.
→ USCC - US Cyber Challenge
→ Watch: San Antonio: An Unforgettable Destination
→ Watch: CyberPatriot Video
Wednesday, May 15 2013
The high demand for information technology professionals is driving up the number of college students pursuing IT-related degrees, according to a new report.
Monday, May 13 2013
The beginning of the 21st century has largely been defined by new technology. Technology is ubiquitous, opening portals of both opportunity and vulnerability for those dependent on...
Monday, May 13 2013
National security company TASC Inc. opened a new training center and cyber-test laboratory in San Antonio this week.